Saturday, April 18, 2009

I Am

I am


I am the strange, unique sound of a new style of music,
yet to be composed,
A new sound no one has ever heard before,
Filling the room with laughter and happiness

I am the optimistic sun,
Creeping through the clouds on a grey rainy day,
Shining down on the wet roads of the city.
fighting through the dull sky.

I am a new page in a book,
Sparking with new ideas and memories to keep forever,
Waiting to be picked up and read,
I am also many other books, already filled with my life so far.

I am a rainbow,
Soaring over our heads after a storm,
Neon bright and cheerful,
Trying to make people happy.

I am a wild plant,
Twisting and turning in a forgotten garden,
With bright flowers at the end,
Weaving my way through the other plants.

I am all these things,
I am me.








I chose this image to represent my poem because it is abstract and different. It is colourful, like the rainbow in the poem, unique like the new music, and is filled with new ideas. I love the colours on this painting as they are so bright and cheerful.

Vassily Kandinsky, Composition IV,
accessed from: http://www.ibiblio.org/wm/paint/auth/kandinsky/kandinsky.comp-4.jpg








No comments:

Post a Comment